What’s The Difference Between Colorbond and Zincalume?
The difference between Zincalume and Colorbond roofing is simple… the colour!
Zincalume steel roofing comes on 1 aluminium colour while Colorbond comes in a range of 22 different colours.
Both Colorbond and Zincalume are roofing materials that can withstand the environmental effects and extreme weather events we have in Australia.
- Choosing between Zincalume and Colorbond will mostly have to do with aesthetic versus price.
- Zincalume comes in 1 colour and is a less expensive choice.
- Colorbond costs a bit more and comes in 22 colours.
- 5 of Colorbond’s lighter colours have a thermal efficiency that helps keep your roof cooler.
- Both are light and strong.
- Both come in different grade choices for regular homes, homes near the ocean and commercial uses near chemical/industrial areas.
Colorbond has a choice of 22 colours that are baked right into the metal roofing sheets. This choice allows you to match the colour of the roof to your home or building. Colorbond is also very long lasting and can withstand the elements easily.
You can also choose from Colorbond fascias, guttering, downpipes, flashing and battens. As they come in a range of colours, this gives you scope to mix and match appropriately for that extra design flair.
“With a wide range of colours and finishes, Colorbond® steel is the ideal solution for roofing and walling systems that demand design flexibility.”by Bluescope Steel
This is a great choice if the standard grey aluminium colour suits the design and look of your home or building. Zincalume is tough, has a classic rugged look and is a cheaper option than Colorbond.
You can also choose from Zincalume fascias, guttering, downpipes, flashing and battens.
“Next generation ZINCALUME® steel’s patented Activate® technology introduces magnesium into the aluminium-zinc alloy coating, improving galvanic protection by activating the aluminium. The result is a tougher protective coating that’s more resistant to scratches and scuffs encountered during construction.”by Bluescope Steel