Concrete is durable, strong, and relatively easy to install if you know what you are doing. However below is a list of potential problems you may face.
- Discolouration – This can occur from poor mixing, if finishing is rushed or with the addition of calcium chloride.
- Scaling – This is when the concrete surface keeps peeling off and breaking away. It can happen when concrete isn’t strong enough or from inadequate curing.
- Crazing – This is when there are lots of fine intertwined cracks in the concrete surface
- Cracking – A common problem caused by things such as shrinkage when drying, thermal contraction, applied loads and settlement.
- Curling – This problem occurs when the surface becomes unsupported from the base due to a difference in moisture and temperature between the top and bottom surfaces.
The Balance Small Business website goes into more detail and provides effective solutions for these concrete problems.
Buy cement and concrete online and have it delivered to your site.